Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Healing Hands Spotlight: Meet Nipa Doshi

ABOUT HEALING HANDS’ MEDITATION & YOGA PRACTITIONER:

Nipa Doshi was born and raised in Mumbai, India.  Although she possesses both a degree in Commerce and Law, she was always very interested in learning about the healing modalities and attended yoga and meditation classes for many years at the Santa Cruz Yoga Institute of Mumbai.  

She began studying Reiki in 1995 and received her Master’s in 1996.  In 2000, she moved to the USA with her husband and became the mother of twin boys.  In 2009, she completed 200 hours of training in Hatha Yoga and in 2011, she finished an additional 200 hours of training to become a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher.  Kundalini Yoga incorporates elements of meditation, breath work, mantras, and mudras (hand gestures).  

She is very passionate about teaching meditation and yoga, and believes it is the best way to achieve greater awareness and peacefulness within.





What is your role at Healing Hands?

My role is to teach meditation and yoga to Healing Hands’ corporate clients.  The practice of meditation, particularly at work, helps to calm people and bring their focus within.  The session results in improved concentration and better relationships with their coworkers.  Meditation really helps participants bring out the best in themselves and their work. 


What is meditation?

In meditation, you lock your optic nerve by looking either at the tip of your nose, down towards the chin, or up to the third eye which is located between the eyebrows.  When this happens, your mind/body/soul are aligned, and your subconscious begins releasing thoughts. 

These thoughts are usually negative so to get rid of them, we chant mantras (short, repeated phrases) which create positive vibrations and help cut the self-defeating thoughts. 

As our subconscious is cleared, we connect to the soul.  When that connection is established, we clear our minds and get in tune with our intuition.  Once your intuition becomes strong, you tend to receive all your answers spontaneously. 

Meditation helps you get “out of your head” and is great for people who tend to over-analyze everything.  That can result in you feeling “stuck”.  Meditation is very freeing; your intuition is a very powerful thing and can help you a lot in life and in business.


How did you get into meditation?

I have been a yoga teacher since 2010.  In 2012 I was trained in kundalini yoga.  In this practice we do a lot of different types of meditation, which use a lot of breath work.  

The breath work is what helps us calm down and center ourselves.  As my practice deepened, I felt a lot of positive changes taking place within me which I wanted to share with others.  

I felt less distracted, I found myself becoming more calm, my focus and concentration increased, and this made me more confident in myself and helped me speak my truth without fear of being judged.


Tell us a bit about the two months you spent in your home country of India this past summer.

Going back to India was the most meditative and healing journey I have received.  Being home in your roots always brings so much joy and peace. 

Meeting family and being with my parents was amazing. And of course I had missed the food!  And the lifestyle.  We also traveled a lot by car through northern India, and being in nature was amazing. 

Two of the most incredible places we visited were Kumbhalgarh – it’s the fort where the great king Maharana Pratap was born, and has the second-largest wall in the world (after the Great Wall of China) – and of course Agra, where the Taj Mahal is located.


What is your favorite part about your job?

When I see students smile after class and say, “This process did make a change in me!  I feel renewed and relaxed.  That was exactly what I needed for today.”  Or sometimes they just give me hugs, that means everything to me.  They don’t have to say a word.


How do you see your role evolving in the future?

I envision the corporate classes growing with the blessings of my gurus and teachers.  I visualize all of the coworkers becoming one in the practice of meditation.


To come meet Nipa in person or to book a class, contact us at Healing Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment